Sunday 30 December 2012

13 Travel Resolutions For 2013


With quite thirty one years of expertise trekking round the globe, I contemplate myself associate experienced  individual, however even veteran travelers fall prey to travel missteps abroad. This year, I resolve to be a better-rounded individual and absorb each minute of your time I pay in every new destination.

This sort of factor takes strategy. therefore I actually have a concept. i'll follow these thirteen travel resolutions in 2013.

1. I resolve to be improbably patient once I register for a flight that's delayed or overbooked, knowing that if i am charming and smiling, the agents Pine Tree Stateasure} additional probably to assist me before they assist all those people screaming in their faces.

2. I resolve to create bound to obtain travel insurance, although I in all probability will not would like it. however if I do, i will be lined. additionally, I resolve to inform myself, anytime i am tempted to say no the coverage that the value of the insurance is well worth the peace of mind it brings.

3. I resolve to avoid giving cash to individuals I meet as I travel in a very misguided effort to assist people who area unit asking (begging) for cash. Instead, I resolve to support real reach to those self same individuals through programs that build a distinction nonetheless do not encourage a culture of dependency.

4. I resolve to seem at the individuals I meet as I travel, notwithstanding however completely different from myself, as flavors of frozen dessert. a number of U.S.A. area unit plain vanilla, some area unit fruity strawberry, and a few area unit exotic rum raisin--but we're all still essentially frozen dessert (or people).

5. I resolve to be told a number of words within the native language of the places I visit, like please, thanks and it's nice to satisfy you, as a gesture of respect.

6. I resolve to recollect to behave consistent with however i might like others to understand Americans. If I act like associate moron, people who might not have met several alternative Americans might assume we're all idiots.

7. I resolve to pack lightly; keeping in mind that aside from Asian nation or even Somalia, just about everything i want is regionally out there, in one type or another. The lighter I pack, the better it's going to be on behalf of me to urge around, and also the additional area i am going to have for souvenirs to bring home. Whenever attainable, I resolve to travel with solely a carry-on bag if I will go away with it to avoid additional fees and problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment